SHINE Humanity is happy to announce our second food drive, SHINE on Hunger 2015 in part with Second Harvest Food Bank. During our last Food Drive we were thrilled you helped us generate about 520 pounds of food which in turn provided over 400 meals for the needy. Let’s collect 1,000 pounds this year and make it the most successful drive yet!
It may be tough to imagine as Orange County is rated as the 36th most affluent counties in the nation, but more than 400,000 people are at risk of going to bed hungry each month. Do your part to help alleviate hunger in your area by donating some of the items listed below and spreading the word to friends and family.
Extend your helping hand out to those in need in your community by dropping off some items to one of the addresses listed below between May 1-June 1. And PLEASE, NO EXPIRED ITEMS!
2 Japonica Dr. Irvine, CA 92618
58 Lakeside Dr. Buena Park, CA 90621
- Peanut or Other Seed Butters
- Canned Vegetables (low sodium)
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Rice (brown)
- Canned Fruit (packed in water or juice) or Natural Applesauce
- Dried or Canned Beans (low sodium)
- Whole Grain Cereal (low sugar)
- Canned or Boxed Soup (low sodium)
- Whole Grain Pasta
- Canned Meats & Fish (in water)
- Healthy Snacks such as low sugar granola bars, raw nuts or dried fruit.
Personal Care Items:
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Toilet Paper
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the Shine Humanity office at (714) 665-2400.